Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update xxyy

Been a while, huh. My life lately has been food, Team Fortress 2 and the fascinating Left4Dead. I seem to have forgotten this blog, which is odd, don't think I've ever done that before.

Today is sunny sunny. I'll try for a tan this year, but I say that every year. Sunbathing is so very very boring, and the sun is so very very warm and uncomfortable. It's the same with the sun as with relationships, alcohol and a lot of other things. I don't actually like it or want it, but some part of me that belongs to the great hive-mind of humanity does want it and like it because it thinks it's supposed to. So there's some kind of drive to go after it, although I know I'll be disappointed.

I'm dieting. Bad stuff. I'll go through with it because I've said I would go through with it, and once I've done that, no matter if I lost any weight or not, I'll have a huge bag of chips. What dieting is good for, however, is erasing any shard of guilt or shame for shoving candy down my throat, because being without it has me realizing that yes, it is worth it.

But I'll try making diet-ok orange mousse tomorrow, and maybe that'll put a stop to my unproportionate cravings for Euroshopper chips.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm with you on the tan-issue. It's so boring and uncomfortable. As far as I see it's so not worth it.

As for the diet, if it's something you think will make you feel better then go for it. Just don't go too far. And I know I'm suppose to say this, but I'm gonna say it because I mean it: In my eyes you really don't need to lose weight. But since what you think about yourself is the only thing that matters, if this is what you want of course you should do it.

Okay is it just me or did this comment just turn into a cut and paste of obvious? What I mean to say is, take care of yourself. Oh, and tanning sucks!