Sunday, August 19, 2007

The beginng of the end...

... must be when I'm starting a blog. We'll see if this survives or not. No one'll read it, but one day, when I'm a famous author, I won't have to be embarrassed about creating a new blog, because I'll have this, and it'll have hundreds of viewers a day.

As if I was already famous (which I hope I'll be under the name Iceye since I'm a whore for attention as long as I'm not in the receiving end, if that made sense to anyone) I'll be posting some random stuff here so that I can at least say that I'm not hiding my incredible talent for the rest of the world when people nag me about publishing something.

On to the real business:
I let some friends read something I wrote called Tales of Ruins a while back. Now I'm writing the continuation of that, and two of my friends went "yaaaay", which might have boosted my confidence more than they imagined. I could be proud and politically correct and say that I write for myself and if someone likes that that's good, but it would be a lie the size of ronald macdonald's ego. I want feedback. I want people to say I'm good at what I'm doing. Doesn't everyone want to be appreciated for that special thing they try to do the best? Mine is writing. People can think I'm stupid, ugly, weak, cowardly, lazy, fat, unsocial and whatever else, but if they like my writing, I don't mind. Of course I'm nothing like any of those foreign words I wrote up there, they were just examples. I'm pretty. Right?

The one who initiated this circle of doom was, btw, my friend Olle whose blog you find linked here. No, I'm not talking about my issues, I'm talking about this blog, stupid. My previous classmates who graduated this spring from the IB have an own blog where they write, together, whatever happens to them after IB. I guess people will drop off one after another as time goes by, but for now when everyone's trying their wings I think it's a good idea. I dropped out of IB years ago, but I was invited anyway. I think I'll parttake of this wonder. But I also thought, a blog could be the right place to get my writings to the people who want them. I can put stuff up here, because since people are being spread worldwide it's hard to get my stories to them any other way. That's the real reason. But I'll probably be blogging normally too.

As för the real world, I just celebrated my grandmother's birthday. It rained. My cousing is coming around to be a nice person, I mean, not just nice but someone I can talk to for a while without feeling like an idiot nerd who need to be whipped around a sports field and force fed books on cooking and babies. Yesterday I spent with Justin Timberlake (he has like 5 songs that are really good, and no, he's not *that* handsome), Lara Croft (her breasts have no game mechanics in this game either, they look exactly alike whether she's running, hanging upside down or being smashed by a bear. With all the attention they get, they should at least try to make them realistic) and eventually dissing the world's sexiest women (according to askmen.com) with my friend at two o'clock in the morning. Couldn't find the world's sexiest men. But it's more fun finding out what kind of girls my gridlfriends think look good, than what kind of boys. I mean, the boys will be their business directly, I don't really care. But because I'm nosy as hell and a beauty-perfectionist, knowing what they think is beautiful is really interesting. And while looking for a list of boys, I stumbled over Jared Leto, who has this Colin Farrell thing going, kind of nice. Did I spell his name right? Oh, whatever.

Right. I always end up writing a whole novel when I'm just gonna say a short thing or two. Be glad I didn't start on the whole story of my life. I'll just stop now and come back later when I have something to post... maybe I should tease my friends with the first few pages of my new story? That'd set them off... and probably boot my ego a little bit more. I think I deserve it. School starts tomorrow.

K, bb, cya.

1 comment:

Olle said...

yay, en blogg! what will the mysterious da-ryun come up with next? och ehm, ja, jared leto är HOT STUFF. jag vill också gå i skolan. är det ok om jag länkar din blogg från ib-bloggen?