Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Start

Started school this monday, today's thursday, I get my computer down here on sunday. So now I'm using a crappy old school computer that I just don't want to be seen with. Writing here on english might be a good idea, because from now on it'll be a lot more swedish than I'm used to, and I can already feel it kill my english vocabulary.

Watched a theatre called En herrgårdssägen by Selma Lagerlöf today, just got back actually, and it was pretty good. We had to read the book first, which I think was kind of a waste. It had been better to read it afterwards, because the theatre really said everything that was needed, so it got a bit long to watch when you already knew everything that was going to happen, and every line of dialogue they used. But the stage and the equipment was really top-of-the-art stuff, pretty good experience alltogether.

This thing about starting a new school, it's always a pain. Making new friends may be fun something, but face it, it's a lot better with people you already know. Unfortunately I'm still too young to be satisfied with the friends I already have. I long until I'm forty and feel like I don't need more friends. Then I can just settle back and be social when I want to, and not just when I need to.

I've made friends, sure. But I'm never sure of where I'm standing, and it's not like I'm anybody's best friend. I'm glad I have the folks from IB and everywhere, because this would be a lot harder on me if I couldn't call them to blow off some social pressure steam sometimes.

Speaking of, go to http://wearetheib.blogspot.com for an update on the lives of our friendly neighborhood spiderlings, spreading their nets all over the world.

Otherwise the school has really welcomed me well. I mean, most places I could have gone I would not have made friends this fast anyway, and it's mostly my own fault that I'm feeling uncomfortable. Damn I want to be a little less fragile, thank you.

Our bus passed the road to K's place on the way to the theatre in Sunne. I didn't think it would matter, I mean he left a while ago and I've had plenty of time before and after to get used to the idea, and the mere thought of me getting upset because we passed a damn piece of asphalt is just ridiculous. But I am the way I am, sadly, and when I'm forty I'll probably have accepted that too. It got me thinking about him, and I miss him. Weirdly. I'm a strong independant woman. Or I will be, at least.

Well, I'm gonna go get busy on the phone for the next five hours or so so that I get distracted from everything else today. See ya.

No comments: