Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Whoa

Because I keep missing people posting on their blogs because my current way of keeping track of them is very 2000 and ineffective, I just found out that I could get a singing person in my living room. Most of you already know this, because you're probably keeping track of blogs in some sensible way. Whoa. I dunno how big a deal this is to other people, some people seem to look at the whole "artist" deal, or more like "famous person" deal very differently from me, but to me it's sort of... nuts. Nuts. I mean, I know that, if you know a famous person it's just a dude/tte, and yada yada. If I think about, like, would I work for one of the people I greatly like or admire like that, then yea that would be awesome. Even like, personal assistant. Would I want to be friends with one of them? Yea sure, depending on how it happened, awesome. But that, to just invite one randomly into your living room to play... O.O imagining doing that with one of the bands I really like makes me feel like I'd want to die. I'd open the door and shake all their hands and then fall down dead :p I swear! And I'd want to! I don't want to talk to authors I like, and I don't want to meet people who draw awesome drawings... it's like through art you can get a special connection to people and I feel like it'd break or morph into something else if you met them for real. But I'd still work for them... I dunno. But I already knew my attitude to fame is a little odd. Can't quite make sense of it.

Lately I've had this odd thing that when I listen to music and am outside, I imagine the surroundings as a music video for the song, so I'd imagine dancers in hip-hop gear dancing on top of the cars of the parking lot, or the singer on giant holo screens on top of the tall apartment buildings in Flogsta with neon lights playing over the trees. It makes it even more hard to not dance as I walk. And it's not intentional, it happened all of itself a few days ago when I walked home late with JYJ in my ears. Usually my imagination is a lot more... theoretical. I can have huge problems visualizing things that I "know" very well, but this came so easily. Now I can't get rid of it. But it's too cool to get rid of anyway.

6 comments:

Riklurt said...

I've never really thought about what it would be like to meet people I admire, either, but... I get this feeling it would be kind of awkward.

I have a very hard time imagining what it would be like, though.

Kat said...

The awkwardness would mutual, I think. We all know what it's like talking to a person that you admire (and has massive charisma). Now, imagine that he/she had no idea you even existed until 5 seconds ago and is also aware that you know a hell lot of stuff about him/her. Awkward does not even begin to describe that :P

Yeonni said...

well, but famous people have to be very used to that. I guess the amount of awkwardness depends on the usual things, how good they are at handling ppl and how much you have in common. Because if all you have in common is that you think the person awesome... then yea, awkward.

Riklurt said...

I guess you might have other, mutual idols that you both share, you and the famous person? That could be a way to break the ice, I guess...? Chances are you might.

Chances are also you might not, since famous people tend to admire pretty obscure predecessors.

Nallenon said...

Am I the only one who sees the fun part of this? You spend, I will not say most, but at least a lot of your time three feet away from the person who clued us all in on this a month ago, and you only just found out because you read her blog? The communication in your house is so much fun, do you ever actually say words when other people aren't around? :P

Yeonni said...

I do see the fun. Otherwise I imagine I wouldn't survive :p