Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun and Convenience

Cat has happened. This is now a real home. He appears to pee where he should, not bite cables, and is friendly and curious and not much afraid. This mutually beneficial partnership should work out well. I'd like to warn everyone that I don't much like to be called "owner" or "mom". A cat is a friend, not a slave or a baby. I'd agree to "mistress" possibly, because I could somewhat imagine a cat going "My mistress has this weird habit...", more in the sense of a "woman you have on the side for fun and convenience", especially a cat named Loke (Loki for the English-speaking), and I guess I have to be called something.

4 comments:

Nallenon said...

I would have gone for the "My housekeeper has this weird habit" :P

Yeonni said...

Ah this is also true. Housekeeper is acceptable. Cook, personal assistant...

Nallenon said...

"Personal assistant" makes it sound like a special-needs cat.. Don't want that.

Anonymous said...

Cats are wonderful. I don't have one now, but I used to. They like to be in the same room as you but they don't like to be touched much but they are curious.