Saturday, December 8, 2007

I cried, but only a little.

I'm row row rowing my boat gently down the stream of impending depression, like every winter the last four years. This time it's arriving a little later than usual, probably because school is merciful on me, but I can feel its hand hovering in the air as it hesitates before knocking on my counsciousness. I wonder if life will be such a battle for survival every January for the rest of my life?

I always feel like I'm contageous. Like I can show that I'm down, but I have to keep at least a reasonable sanity, because you can't help me, and we all know that, and letting that show with it's full sadness will only make it worse. Compassion and mercy and pity and hugs and smiles and cheerings, it just makes me more and more and more angry until I just want to scream, but I can't: I've forgotten how to do it. So calm, I'm blind to my own ripples on the surface. I can't be angry because I don't know how to anymore. I can't be angry because what if I tear something apart that I can't fix later? I couldn't survive knowing I did that. So I scream inside my head instead, and wish someone could shut me up. Whine whine whine. Whatever I do, it's boring, it's old, words and actions said and done a hundred times that doesn't give me anything and God, can't you give me something new? Something mine?

Be strong. Cheer up. Pretend you're happy because that will make you happy. Do something even if it kills you, because it won't. Smile. Play. Hide.

Can't someone just knock me unconscious so I don't have to be aware?

You don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know. Because I would never say this face to face. And I think maybe, being who you are, meaning what you do to me, you should to know. Thay always say in interviews after someone kills themselves; "We should have known." But that's idiotic. No one can know another human for sure. Not in real life. But that scene in FF8 where they think Seifer is dead and they all start to talk well about him and Squall freaks out because he doesn't want anyone to talk about him that way when he's dead... it hit me. So hard it hurt. And this is like that. I want at least someone to know who I was when I'm gone. I don't want people standing around saying shit just because they miss me, because death scares them. I want truth. And truth is dark. But so releasingly uncomplicated. I'm the only one who knows who I am, and I'm the only one who knows the people you are inside my head. All this will be gone without me. And that's why I don't want to die. Because I'm a squirrel; and you're my nuts.

Is there nothing original left in the world? Is there nothing that can touch me at my very core?

And guys, don't think I don't know you're sucking up. 5 votes on We want more Cloud? You're all idiots. But I love you.

5 comments:

Nallenon said...

I can't really think of anything appropriate to say on most of that..
Hardly surprising, I suppose, like we established earlier, we haven't really gotten to know each other all that well.

The thing I Can comment on, though, is the Cloud part. I voted for Cloud (twice) because I actually wanted to see more Cloud, I think he looks pretty damn cool, and I want to know more about your thoughts and whatevers on the subject. The only thing I know now is that everyone talks about "Iceye and Cloud" for reasons I've only ever seen second hand. So, yeah.

Sara said...

Well I can't say I completely know how you feel, but some of the things I can somewhat relate to anyway even if it was a long time ago I felt anything like that.

I also voted for Cloud twice, but only because I really like you in that mode, your so cute and enthusiastic ^_^ And seriously that is not sucking up.

Nallenon said...

Haha, so four out of five was me and Sara? Who's the last one? :P

Nightflyer said...

Me!

Kristin said...

Mystery solved